X檔案經典對話-第四季

4X05 前世今生 THE FIELD WHERE I DIED

 

『有時,我幾乎作夢

At times, I almost dream.

 

我也以聖人的方式渡過一生

I, too, have spent the life of The Sage's Way.

 

再度踏上熟悉的小路

And tread, once more, familiar paths.

 

偶然間,我在許久前死於傲慢的自恃中

Perchance, I've perished in an arrogant self-reliance an age ago,

 

在該舉動中

And in that act,

 

對於再次機會的祈求如此熱烈的升起,如此...

the prayer for One More Chance went up so earnest, so...

 

死亡告知了較為清晰的直覺

Instinct with better light let in by death

 

生命被抹殺的不太完整

that life has blotted out not so completely,

 

而是足以維持朦朧記憶的零亂殘骸

but scattered wrecks enough of it to remain dim memories.

 

此時,目標似乎又已在望...

As now, one seems, once more...the goal in sight, again...


4X07 癌人祕辛 MUSINGS OF A CIGARETTE SMOKING MAN

 

Life... is like a box of chocolates.

人生像一盒巧克力。

 

A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for.

沒人要的、廉價、輕率、敷衍的禮物。

 

Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates.

不能退還,因為只會拿回另一盒巧克力。

 

You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap

你擺脫不掉這難以定義的爛薄荷巧克力,

 

that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat.

沒有東西吃時,你才會不經意的狼吞虎嚥。

 

Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee.

當然偶爾也有花生醬杯子蛋糕或太妃糖,

 

But they're gone too fast,the taste is fleeting.

但它們消失的太快,而餘香……轉瞬即逝。

 

So you end up with nothing but broken bits,

因此到最後,

 

filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts,

只剩下充滿變硬果醬的小碎片,還有牙齒嚼碎的核桃。

 

and if you're desperate enough to eat those,

如果絕望到要吃那些,

 

all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.

你剩下的只是一個充滿無用的牛皮包裝紙的空盒子。


4X15 我要活下去 MEMENTO MORI

 

For the first time I feel time like a heartbeat,

我第一回感覺時間像心跳,

 

the seconds pumping in my breast like a reckoning;

秒數像最後審判一樣唧進我的胸部。

 

the numinous mysteries that once seemed so distant

過去似乎如此遙遠,

 

and unreal threatening clarity in the presence of a truth entertained not in youth,

且虛幻的難解之謎,已並非於年少時,

 

but only in its passage.

而是在時光流逝中,沈思的真相威脅著清晰。

 

I feel these words as if their meaning were weight being lifted from me,

我感覺到這些字就像其意義,是我卸下的重擔。

 

knowing that you will read them and share my burden as I have come to trust no other.

知道在我無法信任別人時,你會讀到它並為我分憂。

 

That you should know my heart, look into it,

知道你會了解我的內心,注視它,

 

finding there the memory and experience that belong to you,that are you,

並在我心中發現屬於你.....就是你的回憶與經歷,

 

is a comfort to me

對我來說是一種慰藉。

 

now as I feel the tethers loose and the prospects darken for the continuance

of a journey that began not so long ago,

在繼續於不久前展開的旅程時,感到繫繩鬆脫、前途黑暗。

 

and which began again with a faith shaken and strengthened by your convictions.

該旅程因你的堅持而再度展開,

 

If not for which I might never have been so strong now as 

I cross to face you and look at you incomplete,

若非如此,我也許不會這麼堅強的面對你,看著你壯志未酬,

 

hoping that you will forgive me for not making the journey with you.

並希望你原諒我,不陪你走完剩下的路......

arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜

    clenout 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()